The Newtown Precinct Business Association (NPBA) is the local business chamber in the Newtown Precinct. Capstone Collective are the contracted managers of the NPBA and are responsible to the NPBA Executive Committee to administer, manage and deliver programs and projects on their behalf.
The NPBA is responsible to its members (any local business) and the two local councils who fund us – City of Sydney and Inner West Council. We are responsible to deliver
- Marketing the precinct of Newtown to attract visitation by promoting the precinct through our members
- Advocacy on behalf of the local business community
- Engagement with our local businesses to keep our finger on the pulse
- Events that drive visitation, increase local business capacity and help educate our constituents, including our annual Good Food Fair
A key project for the NPBA is CoWork Newtown, a Business Accelerator that provides affordable office space and business mentoring for local businesses. This key project is the main focus of the NPBA moving forward.
Position Summary: This role is responsible for the communications of the NPBA. This includes, but is not limited to
- Managing the digital communications of the NPBA
- Developing copy and sending emails to our databases
- Executing the NPBA & CoWork Newtown marcoms plan
- Manage our CRM to ensure all details are up to date
- Assistance with the marketing and management of events
Strategic direction is completed by our Executive Manager. This role is responsible for delivering on this strategic direction and meeting our weekly/monthly targets and requirements for communications.
This role will be based at CoWork Newtown (404 King St Newtown, Sydney) for a minimum of 2 days a week. Total hours will vary, but must commence at 9am. There will be some operational responsibility during these two days (eg; opening checklists, taking member enquiries, receiving deliveries)
Reports to: Simon Shaw – Director – Capstone Collective
Works With: Kristy Meredith- CoWork Newtown Community Manager
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
This role is responsible for the communications of the NPBA under the guidance and instruction of the Executive Manager. The strategic direction of communications has been developed with marcoms plans outlining the type and frequency of our communications. This role will deliver on the strategy and execute the plans.
This position would suit an experienced executive assistant who has marketing and communication experience.
Examples of daily tasks:
- Responding to email enquiries
- Posting updates on social platforms
- Developing and delivering our regular schedule of email content
- Organise meetings with our constituents
- Manage the NPBA CRM
- Limited operational management of our coworking space (opening the space and responding to member requests)
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- Enjoys people and facilitating relationships
- Has an intimate knowledge of social media platforms including Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and Instagram
- Has experience in using HootSuite
- Has intimate knowledge and experience in using Mailchimp
- Intermediate proficiency in database systems
- Has experience in a membership-based environment
- Proven proficiency in common computer software, including competency in Word, Excel, powerpoint/keynote and web-based content management systems
- Openness to change is a must
- Availability to work outside normal business hours if necessary for events and or extended business hours
Personal and Professional Development:
- Opportunity to attend all CoWork Newtown events, seminars and workshops for personal development and training
- Complimentary monthly mentorship provided by our in-house business coaches
- Highly visible position connecting this person with local businesses and government representatives
- Potential to expand the role into working with other Capstone Collective clients
- Contracted position with a minimum of 12 hours per week (2 X 6 hour days)
- Hourly rate based on skills and experience
- Additional allocation of hours on a casual basis when/if required
- As a contracted position, this role requires the candidate to have their own ABN
- This position is contracted by and reports to Capstone Collective under our service agreement with the NPBA
If you are interested in applying for this position, please email us your resume and a cover letter responding to the criteria above, your desired hourly rate and your availability to commence.